THE OLD STONE HOUSE 19TH CENTURY STAGECOACH INN & HISTORY MUSEUM MORE DETAILS
A WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA LANDMARK SINCE 1822
Owned and operated by Slippery Rock University
ABOUT THE OLD STONE HOUSE
The Stone House was built in 1822 by John Brown as a stagecoach stop and tavern to accommodate business from the newly-constructed Pittsburgh to Erie Pike, a busy highway that carried traffic northward from the forks of the Ohio River.
The Old Stone House is open for special events monthly and for group tours by appointment. Contact us to arrange a visit.
2865 William Flynn Highway
Slippery Rock, PA 16057
ADMISSION & DONATIONS
Admission is free for all events, with a suggested donation of $3 per person. Group tours are available year round by appointment, and may carry a nominal fee per visitor.
Disclaimer: While the Old Stone House is owned and operated by Slippery Rock University, the comments or opinions expressed by administrators of this page are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for them, and do not necessarily represent the views of the University.